For quite a few months now Adobe has been talking up Flash Builder, Flex 4 & ColdFusion Builder, but with the caveat that these tools were in beta. Each of the betas made available via Adobe Labs added new features and allowed you to test and provide feedback to the product teams. Today, however, Adobe is announcing the immediate availability of the production versions of the following!
Flex 4 – Including the new Spark skinning and component architecture enabling a new level of expressiveness in RIAs in addition to supporting the new Flash Catalyst to Flash Builder workflow.
Flash Builder 4 – There are over 90 new features in this release, and you can use them with both Flex 3 and Flex 4 to gain big improvements in development time, integration and building more expressive apps. (Note: Please be sure to uninstall any FB4 beta SW before installing the release product)
ColdFusion Builder – This new Eclipse-based IDE for ColdFusion development is deeply integrated with ColdFusion 9 in addition to making it fast and easy for CF developers to create Flex applications with integration between ColdFusion Builder and Flash Builder.
The following is a list of resources where you can find out more information;
- Read Andrew Shorten’s Flex Team Blog post
- Get Flash Builder 4 (remember to uninstall any FB4 beta SW first)
- AdobeTV: Learn what developers like about Flash Builder in this video from Flash Camp Boston from March 19th
- AdobeTV: David Wadhwani, VP and GM of Adobe’s Platform BU introduces new Flash Platform products
- Test drive Flex 4 – Take the Flex Test Drive: Build an application in an hour and learn about Flex 4 using this new guided, video tutorial
- Flex-in-a-week free video training – New for Flex 4
- Get ColdFusion Builder
- Video: ColdFusion Builder Feature Tour
- Flex product info on adobe.com
- ColdFusion product info on adobe.com
Lots of new toys to play with! Make sure you let me know what you’ve built.